Tongue-tie & Lip-tie Surgery
Why Dr. Scott Siegel?
Dr. Scott Siegel is a Pioneer of Tongue and Lip tie Surgery. As one of the only surgical specialists in the United States who has advanced beyond traditional cold steel Tongue-tie and Upper Lip-tie Surgery- commonly referred to as "clipping" or "snipping" frenulums, Dr. Siegel performs this procedure with a Laser, which is typically a blood-free and painless.
Dr. Siegel was trained in Medical School sixteen years ago by renowned pediatric surgeon and "guru" of Tongue-tie Surgery, Dr. Betty Coryllos. As a Dual Degree (MD, DDS), Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatics, Dr. Siegel's extensive medical training and experience provides additional insight when working with lactation consultants and other healthcare professionals on the issues related to Tongue-tie and Upper Lip-tie, such as his groundbreaking research and treatment of Aerophagia Induced Reflux (AIR) in infants.
Why CO2 Laser
Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs)
Advances in Laser Technology have enabled Dr. Siegel, a member of American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), to now perform Laser Tongue-tie & Upper Lip-tie Surgery.
Dr. Siegel recognizes the necessity of using a CO2 Laser in order to ensure that his infant through senior adult patients have increased safety and a faster recovery.
FAST FACTS ABOUT TONGUE TIE:
- Newborns can have significant breast feeding problems due to tongue tie, which can result in failure to thrive.
- Tongue Tied Toddlers may have speech related issues where they have difficulty with articulating "t, d, z, s, th, n, and l"sounds.
- School Aged Children and Adults may have social, orthodontic and gum-related problems.
- Adults can be predisposed to certain types of sleep apnea as a result of undiagnosed tongue tie.
- Tongue Tie often has a genetic component, can run in families and presents in degrees of severity.